THE PETRONA AWARD HAS A NEW WEBSITE WITH DETAILS OF THE 2014 SHORTLIST.
To be eligible for the 2014 Petrona,Award the following rules apply to all submissions:
- The submission must be in translation and published in English in the UK during the preceding calendar year ie 1 January – 31 December 2013.
- The author of the submission must either be born in Scandinavia* or the submission must be set in Scandinavia*.
(E-books that meet the above criteria may be considered at the judges’ discretion (does not include self-published titles))
*in this instance taken to be Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden .
The judges for 2014 are:
- Barry Forshaw – Writer and journalist specialising in crime fiction and author of two books on Scandinavian crime fiction: ‘Death in a Cold Climate’ and ‘Nordic Noir’ and a biography of Stieg Larsson.
- Dr Kat Hall – Academic and international crime fiction reviewer/blogger at Mrs Peabody.
- Sarah Ward – Online crime fiction reviewer and blogger at Crimepieces.
The judges, as well as drawing on their own expertise, will apply the criteria that Maxine considered essential in a well-written crime novel: quality of plot, strength of characterisation and the consideration of contemporary social issues.
- March 2014 – shortlist announced
- May 2014.- winner announced at CrimeFest (Bristol, UK)
- Publishers must send a copy of the submission to each of the judges and the administrator (Karen Meek).
- More than one submission per author can be made.
- There is no fee for entering a submission for the Petrona.
Please contact Karen Meek (email@example.com) for further information.